Monday, July 28, 2008

Magnolia Bakery's Oatmeal Muffins.

I just got The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook. I thought that my beautiful new pink Kitchen Aid mixer deserved to have a baking book so that it will get lots of use. This was recommended to me by a friend of mine, and I was able to get it for about $15 on Amazon, so I figure what the heck it will provide me with lots of goodies to make. This book has so many yummy sounding recipes!

I made a recipe out of it on Saturday for Oatmeal Muffins. I usually have a bran muffin for breakfast during the week, but this week, I will have a delicious oatmeal muffin with blueberries instead. Yum!

Here is the relatively simple recipe:

Ingredients:

2 Cups Rolled Oats (not quick-cooking oats!)
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 T. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
1/4 t. Cinnamon
2 Large Eggs, Slightly beaten
1/2 Cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 t. Vanilla

*I also stired in about 3/4 - 1 cup of fresh blueberries because I had some on hand that I needed to use. It was a nice addition.

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. (I used Canola Oil spray)

- Mix oats and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Sit to the side for 10 minutes.

- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients and the oatmeal mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix!

- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full, and bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Do not overbake!

- Let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!