Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Have a Frightening Confession to Make.

Hai, my name is Stephanie and I like White Castle. ::hides face in shame::

Yeah, that's right. I said it. *I* like White Castle.

Scene: 10.30 at night at the McCarrell household. Saturday football games are wrapping up (thank goodness!). Mark gets The Crave.

We proceed to have a conversation that entails "does it really have to be White Castle?" from me. Insistence that yes, it must be White Castle and it must be Right Now from Mark. Eventually, I say I'm tired and cold and no, I'm not going along to ride to the next suburb over to get a sack of sliders, I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll eat one because I'm kind of hungry.

Now, I have never liked White Castle. I'm 23 years old, have had several experiences with White Castle and I just have never liked the taste, the smell makes me wanna barf... it's just not good. I proceeded to lay in bed dreading the White Castle fumes that were about to enter my house and questioning whether I was even going to eat one slider or if I could just go to bed a little hungry.

Mark comes home, sets the smelly bag on the table, lines up the sliders from his bag as well as a little box of crinkle cut fries and digs in. I gingerly pull one slider from a box and take a taste. And imagine my surprise when not only was it palatable, but I actually enjoyed it. I enjoyed it a lot. I scarfed down *3* sliders all by myself before either Mark or I even knew what happened. When he went for another slider from the 2nd bag, Mark was surprised to find that there weren't any left!

I then went on and on for the next 30 minutes about how I really wanted some more sliders, how those were the best little burgers I had ever had, and why did they taste so good this time as compared with others? Maybe Mark laced them with some sort of addictive drugs? I don't know. What I do know is,

A) I need to get some more White Castle soon
B) I think I'm growing a mini-craver in my uterus to accompany Mark on his White Castle runs
C) I'm utterly convinced that pregnancy really does change your palate. (Also see: Skyline coneys, and Burger King Whopper Jr's.)

I officially feel like my body is not mine.


Oh, delicious White Castle mini-burger, please get in my belleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!