Friday, May 20, 2011

The rant which must be ranted.




Oy, this weather.  This weather is slowly killing me!  I don't think I can take one. more. day. of icky, gray, rainy, yuckiness outside my window!  This terrible weather is zapping all of my energy and motivation and keeping me locked into the Winter ho-hums despite the fact that we're actually heading toward the end of May!

And aside from the fact that I can count on a single hand the number of nice days we've actually enjoyed this year, what makes me even more bitter is knowing that we're totally missing Spring.  By the time this epically gross ickiness moves out we're going to find ourselves smack in the middle of hot, humid weather.

One of the great things about Ohio is the 4 distinct seasons.  Well, I should say that what USED to be nice about Ohio was it's 4 distinct seasons because last year we only had 2 seasons: HOT and COLD and it seems like this year will be more of the same.

After experiencing our last snow of Winter in APRIL, which I'm pretty sure is actually supposed to be part of Spring... after all, the saying is "April showers (showers, not snow) bring May flowers", at least that's how I learned it... we've blown through most of Spring while being deluged by rain, rain, and oh, more rain.  Occasionally, Mother Nature will mix things up a bit and throw in a random severe thunderstorm with a sprinkling of hail, or if she's feeling particularly hormonal, a thoughtful 3am tornado warning; that's when the REAL party starts. 

Last week we actually got a little bit of a break in the rain, but it was of course hot and humid and the forecast called for "scattered showers and thunderstorms", which should really be re-named "Don't even try to plan anything because you have no idea what I'm going to throw at you now!  Muahahaa!".


Lucky for us, we ended up with some sunshine to enjoy, but with the threat hanging over our heads that a random pop up storm could happen at any minute.  Thankfully, we were able to get outside for a little bit and I even carved out some time during Jack's naps to just sit outside, in the sun, with a book.  Since we're going on about 7 or 8 months with hardly a peek of sun restocking our bodies with vitamin D is actually a pretty important need to consider!

It's as though my Ohio born and bred body is programmed to accept 6 months out of the year with lack of sunshine, but once Spring hits it expects to enjoy some quality time in the sun and fresh air.  It is not happy with the lack there of this year and my energy levels, motivation, and mood have definitely taken a sucker punch right to the kisser.

*Le sigh*

Well, the forecast is looking... up? not as dreadful as this past week as today is calling for partly cloudy (woot!  No rainz!) and tomorrow is, drumroll please, supposed to be mostly sunny!  But enjoy it while you can folks, because after that there's possible rain in the forecast as far as the eye can see.


*grumbles* 

At least I can be thankful that we haven't been plagued with deadly tornadoes or flooding like other parts of the country.  Go, us?

I need a vacation to somewhere sunny!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Could have written this myself. Let's find out where the sunshine has been hiding and move there.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!