Monday, January 13, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of January 12th



We're just chugging right along, aren't we?  Already heading into mid-January!

Temperatures reached -40 degrees last week.  Negative. 40.  That's Fahrenheit.  I haven't slipped into using Celsius to describe temperatures.  I honestly can't even fathom the level of cold we experienced.  I happily just stayed in my house where it was warm.

Luckily, our house was warm.  Situations like this make me extremely thankful for our small, single-story house.  I know many people who were having trouble keeping the temperatures regulated in their house due to the extreme cold, but we were nice and toasty.  The furnace ran more than usual overnight, but during the day it hardly ran at all, per usual, because the sun heated up the house.  Win!  Also, (thankfully!) no trouble with our cars either.  Or, no trouble with Mark's car as I didn't go anywhere thankyouverymuch!  I also know quite a few people who experienced car trouble from the cold and I know that AAA was really backed up with 12+ hour wait times.  Yikes!

We did perform a little experiment.  Mark was telling me about how it was cold enough for boiling water to immediately evaporate due to the extremely cold temperatures.  I couldn't fathom this so we tried it.  And it worked!  It was kind of crazy to see and really interesting.  It looked like this:


Jack's school was closed on Tuesday (see insanely cold temps), but he was finally back to school after a 2 1/2 week break on Thursday and he was really excited to return!

We had a play date on Friday and I got invites for Molly's 1st birthday party (seriously?!) out in the mail.  The fact that this is all happening very soon kind of snuck up on me.  So. much. to. do. between now and her party!  I also met with a prospective doula client this weekend :D

We've got a pretty busy week coming our way!  Here's what we're eating:


Sunday:  Leftovers

Monday:  Mom's Night Out!

Tuesday:  Homemade Pizza

Wednesday:  Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crock Pot)

Thursday:  Leftovers/Freezer Meal

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Apps


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!