Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of May 25th



Menu Plan Tuesday.  Because it was a holiday weekend and I'll likely be a day behind all week.  I'll just accept it now :) 

We had a busy, but great, weekend.  So grateful for a long weekend this week!  The weather was awesome so we were able to enjoy quite a bit of time outdoors.

My sister got married this weekend!  Friday evening was filled with the rehearsal and a cookout at my parents' house afterwards.  We had some errands to run earlier in the day and Jack and I made dessert for the cookout. He's a great helper and the cream cheese squares suggested by a friend were a hit (and utilized some items I already had on hand that needed a purpose - win)!  After the festivities we were late getting home and I still had things to do to get ready for the following day.



4 hours of sleep later, Saturday was an early day.  I had a 4.30am (yes, that's still night time in my book) wake up call to get up, grab last minute things, hot roller my hair, and be out in the door in time to make it to my sister's house at 5am 5.10am.  7 bridesmaids, 2 kids, the bride, hair, makeup, dresses, mimosas, breakfast, pictures, and several hours later we were ready for a wedding!  Everything went wonderfully and a good time was had.  Jack acted as ringbearer and did really well!  I basically let his 5-year-old cousin handle the situation and I was right in doing so!  Molly had a blast at the wedding and looked adorbs in her dress.  Now my sister and her new husband are off enjoying a beach honeymoon and I'm jealous of their getaway!



Sunday we did some things around the house and I had an interview.

Monday we enjoyed a bonus weekend day by visiting the Ice Cream Festival.  The weather was perfect and it was a good time.  We explored, the kids played, we had lunch, and of course ice cream was consumed because you can't go to the ice cream festival without eating ice cream!  Molly even enjoyed her first few bites of ice cream and she approves.  Although I think she's a little confused about why it's so cold.  She also enjoyed playing with the spoon.  I'm unsure why it fascinated her so, but it was funny!



We don't have too much on the agenda for this week and it's a nice feeling!  I'm sure we will still have plenty to keep us busy. 

Here's what we're eating:


Sunday:  Out

Monday: Grilled Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday:  Tacos

Wednesday:  BBQ Chicken Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!