Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy 1-Year!

As of June 18th I have had this blog going for one year! I can't believe that it's been a year already because the very first post that I made was shortly after our wedding to recap the festivities.

June 7th, last Sunday, was our one year anniversary! I guess we are no longer considered newlyweds. Kind of sad, but also exciting. We spent our first anniversary very quietly, relaxing together in the backyard with the puppy and reminiscing about what we were doing a year ago at that time. Let me tell ya, I really really enjoyed our wedding, the planning process, actual ceremony, the honeymoon, all of it, but I am soooo glad that it's now behind us! Our lives have been much more enjoyable since everything has calmed down!

One thing we did not do was eat our top cake tier. Unfortunately, we lost our cake in the Great Power Outage of September 2008. There was a terrible windstorm that left us without power for nearly a week. Well, needless to say, I'm sure that year old cake would be even worse once it was melted and refrozen, so we just cut our losses and pitched it back in September. Instead, we had a nice grilled dinner on the back deck. I'm sure it tasted better than year old cake would have.

I can't wait to see what is ahead of us for our second year of marriage. I can only hope that it's as great as our first!



In honor of my bloggiversary, I have changed the look of my blog a little bit. I thought it could use a bit of a change since it's a whole year old! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!