Monday, December 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Week of December 4th



This edition of Menu Plan Monday is brought to your by Tom Turkey!  Alternatively entitled 'Week O Turkey!'.   I made a nice big turkey on Saturday and now we have LOTS of leftover turkey meat to enjoy throughout the week.  I also made turkey stock from the bones and scraps and I'm really looking forward to utilizing my $0.59/lb turkey for frugal meals. 

Not only am I using a lot of the meat for meals this week, I'm going to splitting these meals into two and putting half in the freezer so they're ready to go for easy weeknight meals on those nights where I just don't feel like cooking.  It happens :)  I'm sure that even after eating turkey all week in various ways, I'm still going to have leftover turkey to freeze on it's own for future uses as well as leftover stock.  Good thing Mark actually really likes turkey.  I'm really enjoying how much use I'm going to get out of this bird!  Well worth the $12 I spent on Mr. Turkey.

Sunday:  Leftovers from our Turkey Dinner!

Monday:  Leftover Turkey and Swiss Panini with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday:  Chicken Turkey Pot Pie with Salad

Wednesday:  Having friends over for a game night - we'll have snacks, the boys will have leftovers.

Thursday:  Turkey Cranchiladas with Fajita Sweet Potatoes

Friday:  Turkey and Brown Rice Casserole with Roasted Broccoli

Saturday:  Turkey Lasagna with Sage and Three Cheeses with Roasted Brussels Sprouts


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. Please email me! I have a question about your blog :)
    HeatherVonsj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!