Monday, June 9, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of June 8th



This past Saturday Mark and I celebrated 6 years of marriage and 9 years of being together (Wow!  That's nearly a decade.  That went quickly!).  We were able to enjoy a much needed date night.  The weather was perfection so we took advantage and went to the Gallery Hop, grabbed some drinks, and then enjoyed a lovely dinner.



At dinner Mark gave me my gift.



It went something like this:

So confused as to what I'm looking at, which was a paper with global coordinates and a date range.  At Mark's prompting I Googled the coordinates.  And up pops a beach in Florida.  What the what?!  

Yeah.  Totally unbeknownst to me Mark has planned a beach trip for just the two of us next month!  Amazed.  Excited.  Nervous.  All the feels.  I need a bathing suit!

I'm going to spend the next few weeks trying my hardest to focus on how much incredibly awesome fun we're going to have on our trip and actively avoiding thinking about having to leave the kids to do this.  I have issues with that part.  (And no, I'm not actually going to be able to avoid thinking about it, but at least I'll try?  It will be fine.  I think.  Eeep!)

Onto the foods:


Sunday:  At my parents' for dinner

Monday:  Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Ranch Potato Wedges

Tuesday:  Orzo Salad with Tomatoes, Basil, and Feta with Grilled Chicken

Wednesday:  Leftovers

Thursday:  Tostadas

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. what a great gift, and I love the presentation! so creative

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!