Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Sick of Basketball.

I'm tired of hearing about it, listening to it, and looking at it. It's just too many games all mushed together for me, it's like there's no break from it!

Friday, I took a vacation day from work. I really needed a mental health day, but it ended up being a sick day. I went into work sick on Thursday and worked my booty off so that I could clear my desk and then scheduled Friday off. Mark went out of town to watch a basketball game, and I stayed home with a terrible sore throat trying to resist my urge to give myself a tonsilectomy. Not exactly the way I envisioned spending my first vacation day from work since mid-October. *sigh*

I started feeling a little bit better on Saturday, so we spent most of the day laying around and then we went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner, which by the way, they seem to have raised their prices and lowered the quality of their fettucini alfredo - this does not sparkle or please. I always enjoy going there, it is a fun place, and I luuuurve their sourdough bread and garlic-herb butter - I could go there just for that - but for 2 entrees, a soft drink, an alcoholic beverage, and 2 desserts to go, we didn't get out of there for less than $40! That's a bit high in my opinion. I know it didn't use to be that much!

Sunday we spent doing the usual. Mark watched sports for like 12 hours. I finished up a book, started another, washed and folded two loads of laundry, made dinner - corned beef and cabbage, our St. Patty's day celebration a few days late - emptied the dishwasher and straighted up the kitchen, and I still need to change the sheets and dust the family room, Mark cleaned up dinner, played with the dog outside, and vacuumed. Sundays are usually fairly productive for us because the next 5 days kind of all blend together with one another in a blur until we can make it through to next weekend!

I am feeling better today, thank goodness! I'm really not a good patient. I'm whiney and needy and it's no wonder Mark opted to be out of town :(

Now, I get to return to work tomorrow with tons of paperwork still just sitting there waiting for me, a day further behind, and less rested than usual since I spent the majority of the weekend sick.

Hopefully this week is better than last!


Corned Beef & Cabbage My Way!

2ish pound corned beef roast w/ the seasoning packet

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 cup water

12 oz. beer

2 T. yellow mustard

1 head of cabbage

Place roast in the bottom of a slow cooker.

Mix brown sugar into water and pour over top of roast. Pour beer over roast.

Spread mustard over top of roast and dump in seasoning packet.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.

Pull roast out once cooked and tent with foil.

Cut cabbage into quarters (remember to remove the core!) and place in liquid left behind in the slow cooker. Cook on high for approximately 30 mins.

Slice beef and serve with mustard and saurkraut! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!