Monday, May 4, 2009

April Showers Bring May Tornadoes.

The weekend started off interestingly enough when I was sitting at home by myself in the evening while it was storming out and I heard a strange sound. It sounded like a loud engine... or a siren... is that the tornado siren?!

Sure enough, the dog starts barking and I hear the beginning wail of the tornado siren. So I turn the TV on and we lucky Central Ohioans were under a tornado warning. The summer has unofficially begun. It wasn't fun. Needless to say, I did end up surviving.

Saturday, after I had recovered from my Friday evening scare, Mark and I finished up our ambitious landscaping project. Last weekend, we spent Saturday working on the front beds, this Saturday we spent working on the back beds.


Here is evidence of our hard work:


Front Bed



Close up of the flower we planted, yellow marigolds




The backyard, we planted white, pink, and purple petunias




A few impatiens and a hydranga bush - I've always wanted one of these!





And a couple of hanging baskets







And, for our Sunday project, we installed new fixtures? Accessories? Whatever they're called, on the front of the house.

This is what we had orginally:



Ugly, outdated, rusting gold stuff


And this is what we have now!

So. Much. Better!

And here's a close up of our new porch light:

Mark installed this all on his own (with my assisting skills of course :) ). This was his first solo electrical project and I would say it was fully successful since the new light works, and nothing blew up before, during, or after the install! I'm very proud of his handi-abilities.
Now, we are trying to get organized for Myrtle Beach! We leave Friday morning! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!