Friday, December 13, 2013

Five on Friday

Here are some random ramblings for this week:


{One}

It was just a whole week of random things like this.  Gathering things to begin baking and bam!  Powdered sugar falls out of the cabinet and gets everywhere.  SO annoying!  

It's been one of those weeks that just won't let up.  The kids have been more than a handful, Molly is going through a period of development that's challenging for everyone, we discovered a fraudulent charge on our credit card and have to go through the dispute process again, basically a bunch of little things have added up to leave me annoyed and frustrated, buuuut it's Friday!  And that's a good thing.


{Two}

I remember a friend of mine posting on Facebook that they felt like they were the last ones to decorate for Christmas.  That was Thanksgiving weekend.  I know they're not the last ones because we still don't have ours up.  Hey, I can't help it that people insist on forcing the Christmas season to start in the middle of September!  Hopefully we'll have the situation rectified after tonight.  We've been busy bees!


{Three}



I don't care what anyone says about UGG boots being ugly.  They may be ugly, mine probably more than most considering they've been kicking around since 2005 (ermahgerd I can't believe that means they're 8 years old), but I live in Ohio and nothing beats their comfort, warmth, and practicality when it's snowy and slushy and gross out.  I have a pair of riding boots for when I'm trying to pretend like I have a sense of fashion, but sometimes you just gotta call in the big guns.


{Four}



COOKIES!  I had a cookie exchange with friends last night and a great time was had by all!  A fun friend night was much needed by me and I had been looking forward to it all week.  Love getting a variety of cookies!  And also, I love when it's cold enough outside to chill stuff on the back deck.  No shuffling stuff around to find room in the fridge for a giant mixing bowl!  Fall Almostwinter win!




{Five}

There's still plenty of snow on the ground from last week + early this week snow and we're in for another several inches starting this evening.  I really hope we end up getting by without too much accumulation as we've got places to go people to see tomorrow.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!







2 comments:

  1. The only good thing about northern winters, a whole yard for a freezer. I can bake as much as I want and everything goes in the garage and stays frozen win for us. ( one of the only winter wins but I will take it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm thankful for the cold sometimes, like on Friday when I brought home a bunch of meat that needed to be divided up and put into the freezer. I was able to leave it in the garage for a bit without having to worry about it staying cold! It's the little things :)

      Delete

Please Share Your Thoughts!