Monday, December 23, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of December 22nd



It is looking decidedly un-Christmas-like but Christmas is HERE!  (Almost.)  And I'm super excited!

This weekend we've had unseasonably warm weather.  All of the snow still blanketing the ground melted and it rained, and rained, and rained.  So it's muddy and flooded in areas and it looks and feels much more like spring than it does Christmas, that's for sure!  I was baking cookies yesterday with the sliding glass door open to welcome some fresh air and I haven't needed a coat all weekend with temps in the upper 50s and low 60s.  So strange.  But more importantly, cut-outs!

We also went to check out the holiday train display at the main library downtown and had some play time with friends.
Another busy week with a lot accomplished including an 8pm run to Target along with seemingly everyone else in the world (don't people ever go home?  I see that some stores are staying open round the clock right now, which I think is insane and unnecessary, but maybe I'm just out of the loop and a lot of people really do need to shop at 3am?  I don't know).

This time, Jack actually sat on Santa's lap.  He asked for, "a garbage truck, a trash truck, and trucks," haha!


On Thursday, Molly and I hung out for Jack's Christmas party at school and while fun was SO not relaxing for me (see: 20+lb baby in the carrier for hours and then when she was over that she entertained herself by walking around and getting into everything!).  Later that same night we went to see the zoo lights.  Long day!



A ridiculous amount of packages have arrived at our house over the last week or so.  I've done a lot of online shopping.  Something that hasn't arrived?  Our Christmas cards.  Whomp whomp.  I ordered them with plenty of time to receive and send them out.  I even got 7 day shipping to ensure we received them in a timely fashion.  They shipped out quickly and then nothing, nothing, nothing.  The date they were supposed to arrive by came and went and I crossed my fingers hoping that for some reason they would show up the following day, which they did not.  I finally contacted the company and they sent out another rush order for us, but I doubt we'll receive them until Chrismas Eve.  SO annoying!

After a marathon wrapping sesh on Saturday afternoon the gifts have all been wrapped!  I was so annoyed because as I was attaching ribbon to the next to last gift I ran out of tape.  Who runs out of tape?!  I can't even remember the last time I had to purchase some.  Annnnd that's probably why we ran out.  Later that night we picked up some tape and I was able to quickly finish up, but it just didn't give quite the same satisfaction as really knocking it all out at once.  Unfortunately we can't put our gifts under the tree because we have a very inquisitive baby who would never leave them alone (just like the tree that she still hasn't lost interest in).  They're making our bedroom look quite festive though and Kitty is doing her darndest to eat all of the bows.

We've already had two Christmas celebrations with Mark's side of the family and we have plenty more festivities ahead of us.  It's great spending time with family, but back-to-back gatherings really made the weekend pass quickly by.  It's Monday morning and I feel all disoriented like it should still be the weekend.  Luckily, Mark only works Monday of this week and then he'll be home for 6 days, woot!

In true Stephanie fashion it's down to the last minute and I'm still not 100% finished with Christmas shopping, but I'm really, really close so I'll take it!

Merry Christmas!


Sunday:  Family gathering

Monday:  Freezer Meal

Tuesday:  Christmas Eve!  Family Gathering

Wednesday:  Christmas!  We'll be kicking off the day with some homemade cinnamon rolls and then we'll be with family

Thursday:  Homemade Pizza

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out/Apps


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!