Monday, February 17, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of February 16th




Lovely little weekend.  We saw some more snow, but nothing too heavy.  Saturday morning I had my third and final prenatal meeting with my doula client and now I'm officially on call for my first birth!  Excited, nervous, all the feelings, basically.

After our appointment I ran some errands and I'm reminded why I do my best to avoid shopping.  I really don't enjoy it.  I'm a much better online shopper where I don't have to go out in public and deal with everything that entails.  Not only did I strike out with the purchases I needed to make, but I also spent an incredible amount of time standing around Walmart waiting.  First, for 20 minutes at the customer service desk which was manned by a single employee on a Saturday afternoon (Gaaah!) to make a return, and then in an insanely long checkout line that despite being labelled "express" was anything but.  I think I have some slight emotional damage lingering from that whole experience.

You know on American Horror Story: Coven when the characters each went and experienced their personal Hell?  Yeah... this right here is mine. 

Sunday my family came over to entertain the kids so that Mark and I could enjoy a much-needed date!  We saw Monuments Men (it was great!  Mark has a not-so-secret man-crush on Matt Damon.  I don't blame him.) and then enjoyed a kid-free dinner.  We had such a nice time!  And the kids had fun at home with Nana and Papa and Uncle Tommy. *Sigh* I really needed that.

We ended the night with cheesecake and The Walking Dead once the kids were in bed.  Perfection!


Pretty light this week as far as cooking goes.  The enchilada quinoa bake I'm making on Monday will yield tons of leftovers so in addition to lunches I plan to utilize them on Wednesday when Mark won't be home for dinner as well as on Thursday when we'll be short on time because I have a meeting to attend.  During this season of my life I am beyond thankful for simple meals that are cheap, easy, and feed us for multiple meals!

Plenty to keep us busy this week.  The temperature is supposed to warm up considerably and I'm super looking forward to it!  Here's what we'll be eating:


Sunday:  Out!

Monday:  Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake

Tuesday:  Sloppy Joes with Zesty Potato Wedges

Wednesday:  Leftovers

Thursday:  Leftovers/Freezer Meal

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Apps


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!