Thursday, April 16, 2015

Week of April 12th

Let's see here...

Last weekend the boys went to a monster truck show while Molly and I attended a baby shower.



Mark and I decided to have a late dinner per usual on Saturday, but it was pushed back due to festivities. So, after Molly was in bed, and while waiting for the boys to get home, I had some quite time with my book and a Cadbury egg to tide me over til dinner.

Nothin' wrong with that.

Sunday was gorgeous!  I had an interview at 10am and then hit the grocery store afterwards.  I found some limes on the produce clearance rack and decided that called for Margarita Sunday.

Freshly mixed marg + beautiful day + {different} book = Sunday perfection

We have been trying to spend as much time outside as possible. 


I can't even tell you how thankful I am that we can get outside to play.  It feels amazing to not be stuck in the house all the time while at home and we love soaking up some vitamin D!

I'm glad that we're already moving on buying another house because this time of year, once we can get out to enjoy our backyard, I start feeling like, pscht!  We don't need a bigger house, too much effort to buy/move/sell, we're fine here!

It's like I experience springtime amnesia.  I'm too appreciative of our outside space and when winter rolls around I'm harshly reminded of the realities of 2 young kids trapped in a small space :/

Things are still moving on the new house.  We had our second appraisal, yes second, because after the first one the appraiser ended up in the hospital before finishing the report (these are the things that happen when we try to buy a house) so we had to get a second appraiser in there to re-do things.  Of course the second appraiser neglected to consider in his report that we're buying the house as-is so he has to modify a few things before everything can be finalized (these are the things that happen when we try to buy a house).  ANYWAY, hopefully things will be squared away very soon and we'll have a final closing date set before too long.  I'm just ready to have things squared away.

Things are moving along at a snail's pace as far as getting our house ready to sell.  I'm convinced there's no way everything will get done in a reasonable amount of time (because: facts) and Mark has assured me that things will get done (because: they have to).  One of us is being a little more optimistic about things than the other.  We'll see who is correct (FYI, I'm rooting for Mark).  I'm just trying to focus on how worth it everything will be a few months from now when we're all settled (theoretically).

To end on a happier note, Molly is a gal all about accessories:


She is too funny!


Menu for the week:


Sunday:  Grilled Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Monday:  Fish Tacos with Mango Slaw

Tuesday:  Asparagus Carbonara (I opted for a half-carb version by adding zoodles to my portion)

Wednesday:  General Tso's Chicken (Crock Pot) with Brown Rice and Broccoli

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday & Saturday: Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!