Monday, April 20, 2015

Week of April 19th

We had a very busy weekend around here that, of course, went by in the blink of an eye.

First we made a list of all the projects that need to be completed to get our house ready to sell.

So many thiiiiings, not enough time or energy
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting better, right?

That list encompasses all of the things that arise while living in a 45 year old house for 8 1/2 years, with small kids, and little time, and a propensity to procrastinate on things (+ a bathroom reno that probably should have either been done years ago or not at all :/ ).  *sigh* I wish we had worked harder at getting things completed this winter, but we do procrastinate and I've always done my best work while under pressure (I like to torture myself that way) so I guess we couldn't have done things any other way!

We worked allllll Saturday and unfortunately, didn't get a whole lot checked off the list.  Whomp, whomp. More progress in the bathroom (sooooo close to being ready to move beyond working on the walls. I think things will start chugging here soon!) and I powerwashed all the things, scraped old paint, and repainted all the trim as well as our shed (which still needs another coat).  It was pretty tough work!  Lots of up and down the ladder and the wood wasn't in greeeat shape so I really had to work the paint in.  But!  It's done! (Or, mostly anyway.  Darn shed.)

8 hours later and covered in paint.  At least it was gorgeous outside so I got to soak up plenty of sun!  And hey, look, you can see the bathroom wall progress behind me.

And we also got grass seed down (included in that was digging out more of the giant hole in our front yard, laying down topsoil, as well as hitting a couple of the regular patches in our backyard that need re-seeded every year thanks to poor drainage + dog running around.  Grow, grass, grow (please)! We're crossing our fingers that what we've done out front will take care of the giant hole once and for all.

You know what physical labor isn't good for?  Manicures.



I took the picture on the left on Saturday morning because I'm adoring Essie's Ballet Slipper right now.  And then by Saturday evening my nails looked like the picture on the right.  Except I actually just took that picture because it's now Monday and my nails STILL look like that.  I can't get the paint to come off!  :(

I digress.

Even though it feels like we will never get everything done and that progress is as slow moving as molasses, I will say that I feel a little bit better about actually checking things off the list and making some progress. Gotta keep it movin'!

Sunday I had a prenatal visit, then ran to the grocery store while Mark was at home with the kids, working on the bathroom walls, and hanging a new overhead light fixture (woohoo!), then we went to my parents' house for dinner, came home, put the kids to bed, and I folded laundry.  So basically, busy the whole day and feeling like not much got accomplished. Story. of. my. life.

We're technically approved for closing on the new house, but have to fix a bit of siding that has come loose on the house before we can actually officially close (so random, but these are the things we deal with when buying a house.  ::facepalm::).  We really need to close by 5/1 so we're going make it happen cap'n.

In news other than The Housing Situation That's Dominating My Life, Molly is up for letting me do fun things with her hair and I'm loving it!



She's a trip.  She calls braids her "Elsa braid"  Love!

Off to hopefully get some more work done!

Here's what we're eating this week:



Sunday:  Dinner with family

Monday:  Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppyseed Dressing

Tuesday:  Sloppy Joes with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Wednesday:  Chicken Fajitas

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday & Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!