Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hallelujah the Sun has Risen!

Is 'risen' a word?

Anyway.

After 3 days of yucky, dark, wet, misty, rainy, death, the sun is finally out! I feel like it's an old friend that I thought I'd never see again! This makes me happy along with the fact that I can wear open-toed shoes without my toes getting wet! Squee!

In related news, I think I'm finally beginning to believe Mark's conviction that I may have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). I mean really, just add that as a notch to my existing crazy-belt.

According to Wikipedia:

Seasonal affective disorder is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year - hmm... maybe I don't fit this definition after all... - experience depressive symptoms in the winter - yes - repeatedly, year after year. Some people experience a serious mood change when the seasons change - yes -. They may sleep too much - yes -, have little energy - yes -, and crave sweets and starchy foods - yes and yes, Also see: fatty bad for you foods -. They may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up. – There’s hope for me yet.

Oh, and lookie there, apparently treatment involves moving somewhere warm and beachy for the duration of late fall through early spring. Not to return until the grass is green, the sun is out, and the weather is above 55 degrees regularly. Fancy that. I'll have to run this by Mark, perhaps we can relocate out of state next Fall.

1 comment:

Please Share Your Thoughts!