Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas!

We put up Christmas decorations today. Here's a peek!

Disclaimer: I really have trouble photographing anything not in natural light not to mention trying to capture lights in dim light. It's harder than you'd think! So, use your imagination a bit, these things look better in person!

Outside:



I really can't take any credit for this, but Mark did an awesome job as always!


Our little Christmas tree:


I miss doing a big tree, but the smaller one works much better for us. This way we can have it up off the ground keeping our living space. And the mini-tree is pretty cute! Mark's mom donated mini-tree to us last year.




And I made this bow for the top of the tree:


I'm very proud of how it turned out! it's very hard to find small tree toppers. We saw bows like this at Hobby Lobby and asked if they sold them. Yes, they do, but one of the associates custom makes them, so to purchase one it's the cost of whatever ribbon you want + $10. I was not okay with that. So I bought a roll of $5 ribbon for something else and I ended up making a bow on my own. It turned out just how I wanted! You could also attach long trailing ends, but I didn't want to overwhelm mini-tree!


Here is the top of our bookcase:




And I put this together for the top of our coffee table:


I couldn't get a good pic of it, but it's sparkley brown balls and red bells surrounding the candles.


And last, but not least, the ornament wreaths that I made to go over our couch:



Mark had a super-fun time assisting with this little project! I LUUURVE how they turned out though! And I made the bows to go on the wreaths. I'm just a bow-makin-......pro(?) now!


Now, if I can just get Mark to spell out "Welcome Santa!" on our roof in blinky lights we will be ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!