Sunday, December 20, 2009

We (finally) registered!

For some reason creating a baby registery from scratch was a really daunting task. I put it off for quite a while. Yes I knew it would be fun to go down all the aisles and scan all the cute little baby things, but at the same time we have NOTHING for a baby so not only did we get to scan fun things, but we also needed to make sure that we put everything you need for a baby on this registery! That is quite a task.

I remember back when we needed to do a wedding registery and even then I felt a bit scared for some reason. There's just SO MUCH stuff out there and what you need vs. what the store SAYS you need is a delicate balance. This is taken to a whole. 'novah. level. with a baby registery. Not only are you starting from scratch and need everything, but then there are sooo many options to choose from!

So, we ended up spending a good 3 hours at We B' Babies (a.k.a. Babies R' Us) last Saturday. We probably looked at everything in the store at least once. We registered for bottles, and binkies, and blankets, strollers, bibs, a bathtub, towels, a swing, a bouncy seat, a pack n' play, bedding, clothing, toys, a monitor etc. etc. etc. It was a ton of fun and it was so exciting picking out items for our baby who will be here very soon to use the stuff, but it was a SUPER tiring day! I think I was still worn out on Monday from our excursion.

Now I can't wait to see what kind of goodies we get for our upcoming shower!

Also, big news for the week is I think we've decided on a baby name: Jack!

Now we are debating whether to name him Jack or Jackson (and call him Jack). I like Jackson and my argument is that if he doesn't like to go by Jack then maybe when he's older he'll choose to go by Jackson. Mark doesn't like Jackson as much and would prefer just to name him Jack. And we're thinking Michael for a middle name.

I really don't know what we'll end up doing. I'm surprised we were even able to narrow it down to Jack in some capacity, but of course, we can never just decide on something so the debate continues for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!