Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tummy Time!

We put Jack down on the Boppy for some official tummy time for the first time today. This is supposed to help a baby strengthen their neck and arm muscles since they will instinctively push up to look around. Some babies don't like tummy time at first, but Jack seemed to like it. He didn't cry at least!


He just kind of tried to lift his head up to look around and kicked his feet. I got down on his level to talk to him to try to keep him stimulated. I figured it would be kind of boring just to lay there by himself facing the ground.


And of course I got some cute pictures because that's what I do... take pictures of my new little model : )


Then he needed to chillax in his seat for a little while. Clearly in this pic he's saying "Whew! Tummy time is hard, yo.".


And here's some more gratuitous Jack cuteness:



We ran some errands today and Jack was great, basically slept the whole time. We then decided to take a bit of a leap and go to our first dinner out in a restaurant as a family. We just got home from Max & Erma's a bit ago and Jack slept nearly the whole time in his car seat while Mark and I got a chance to eat dinner together. It was a very nice treat!

I feel like I'm getting a handle on this whole taking Jack out and about thing, but I can't believe that he's going to be a month old tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!