Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Randoms


{one.}

It's been another long week.  Jack is definitely teething with his 2 year molars and because of this things have been... trying.  Sleep has been disrupted, naps have been laughable (seriously... the last 3 days I have spent hours getting him down for his nap only to be rewarded with less than an hour of sleep.  This results in cranky baby and cranky momma.), and I'm just ready for the weekend!  Let's all cross our fingers and toes that Little Mister goes down for his nap today.  I could really use a little break!


{two.}

{via}

I tried a macaroon for the first time this week (thanks to hubs swiping an extra one from a selection someone had brought in to his work for Valentine's Day) and I must say, I was unimpressed.  I mean, it was good, but I've seen these everywhere lately!  They're like the new cupcake (cupcakes are much better in my opinion)!  And although it was good, it wasn't what I was expecting, and definitely nothing special.  I'd take a cupcake or cookie over a macaroon any day!  Over-hyped, I say.


{three.}

Our normally quiet neighborhood has become police central.  Last week (two weeks ago?) two police officers were pounding on my door because apparently the renter next door had abandoned his dogs in the backyard and they wanted to know when the last time we had seen him was (Sadface.  I feel bad for the dogs, but I am SO glad they're gone.  They were barky!). 

And then, Last night as I was making dinner, Old Lady from across the street {I can't believe I've only mentioned her once on this blog!} comes over to let us know that she had called the police on a bunch of hoodlum boys who were allegedly prowling around her house.  Within minutes her whole brood was present: the Harlot (the granddaughter), Harlot's boyfriend, Vonda (the daughter), some guy in a white truck who is at her house periodically working on things, who came wielding a baseball bat to interrogate what appeared to be an 8-year-old boy {!!!}, and Old Lady's sister/girlfriend who is always about.  They swarmed in like nobody's business and all arrived long before the local police did.  I know who to go to if I need people on the double!  Sheesh. 

I don't even know what the result of all that mess was, but I'm sure we'll find out.  Old Lady loves to talk, but don't worry, she always starts her gossip with, "I don't like to gossip, but...".  Not that I mind though because she's my source for all neighborhood gossip!


{four.}

I had a 9am hearing this morning and per usual, that's the day Jack decides to wake up early to throw things off :-/  But more importantly I have decided that I really dislike morning hearings.  It always ruins my sleep.  Not because I have to wake up early (I'm usually up by then anyway), but because I worry that I'll oversleep so I keep waking up to check the clock.  So annoying!  I'm a really heavy sleeper and have absolutely been known to sleep through my alarm.  Because Mark leaves for work before I get up there would be no one to make sure that I wasn't sleeping through said alarm and I'd be in big trouble if I slept through the hearing.  So yeah... it kills my sleep and I'm tired ::yawn::


{five.}

We don't have any real plans for this weekend, but I suppose at the top of my list should be working on things for Jack's birthday party because we're 1 week and 1 day out from the event and I have yet to do anything besides secure a location to host it and send invites.  Yikes!


{six.}

Why is making rice (brown rice, especially!) so hard?  I don't get it.  I think the directions that come on the bag are faulty.  Have to be.  Because it's the only thing I can't seem to successfully make despite the best of intentions!  But last night I finally, FINALLY used a method that produced perfect brown rice!  I found the answer {HERE}.  Try it, you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!