Thursday, February 9, 2012

This Week


Oooh, this week.  It has been a crazy one. 

It's my fault mostly.  I took on far too much and I knew it was too much at the time I agreed to do it, but when I accepted all the cases I did I was just all, "MONEY!" and now I'm dealing with the logistics of actually earning that money, which isn't quite as fun as the paycheck itself. 

Anyway, 5 conference calls to prepare for hearings, 6 completed hearings, and 4 days later I've come out the other side.  My family is fed and clothed and things around the house are {mostly} kept up with.  Additionally, my sanity is still {mostly} intact at this point and our savings account will be several hundred dollars richer once I receive my paycheck.  Busy, busy, busy! 

Other things of note:

Our taxes are mostly done as of Sunday - Federal and State have both been filed.  Once I get at least one of those refunds back I'll file our local taxes because we always owe and I want to pay out of the money we'll be getting back from our other filings.  Good stuff. 

On this same note, WHY does all the tax stuff have to be so hard, hmmmm?!  They want everyone to file taxes, yet they seem to make the process as hard and as difficult to understand as possible.  I refuse to pay someone else to do something I can do myself so every year I muddle through preparing everything on my own.  It's worth it in the end, but I develop a headache every time.  Simplify, people.  Simplify.  Oh wait, that would be directed at a governmental body so... don't think that's happening anytime soon!  On a better note, I have discovered that being self-employed {as I am now with my little part-time/contract gig} and working out of my home is pretty much awesomesauce when it comes to tax time.

The invites for Jack's 2nd birthday party (WHAT?!  I'm going to have a 2 year old in just a few short weeks?!  Impossible, I say!) were mailed yesterday and, late as always, we're starting to formulate some ideas for his party.  We have invites, we have a place to host it, we have a date and time.  That's the important stuff, right?  Now we just have to figure out a few fun decorations and some food and we'll be good to go.  Now that I've gotten through this crazy week my attention will be turned to party planning!  Two weeks is enough time to put together a whole party... right?  Right!

Sooo glad we're headed towards the weekend, but Mark has had an equally busy week and thinks he might have to go into work on the weekend.  Whomp, whomp.  Let's hope this is not the case!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!