Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

From the cutest little lion I know!



As you can see, Jack dressed up like a lion for Halloween this year.  Leading up to Halloween I kept asking Jack what he wanted to be.  He just didn't quite get the concept.  If we suggested costumes he'd say yes to anything we suggested, but he didn't have any ideas of his own.  So I tried to figure out if he did understand what the heck I was talking about, what he might want to be.  Lately he's been pretending to be a dinosaur stomping around, and roaring like a lion (he really likes to watch The Lion King).  He was a dinosaur (dragon?) for his first Halloween, so a lion it was!

ROAR!

I thought about making the top, but I ended up being able to purchase one more inexpensively from eBay than it would have cost to make, but I did make the pants using this tutorial.  They turned out really well!  Of course there was a hiccup as the evening before we needed the costume I sat down to work on sewing the pants and we promptly lost power.  Ugh...  Thankfully it was only for a few hours, but I found myself finishing up the pants around 11.30 at night after a long day.  As I was working I realized that, being the procrastinator I am, this is very likely not going to be the last Halloween I'm up late finishing a costume.  Note to self: it's okay to work on things ahead of time!



Power outage aside, the costume was ready to go for Halloween festivities!  We had a party with his playgroup friends (is there much cuter than a bunch of toddlers dressed up in costume?  I think not.) on Tuesday and then Jack spent Trick-or-Treat helping us pass out candy.  The weather was gross this year so I was very thankful that he's not yet old enough to realize he was missing out on going Trick-or-Treating.  This was probably going to be the first year we let him go around to a few houses, but considering he didn't even know to miss it, we were not taking him out in the cold rainy weather!  Next year.

He did have a blast handing out candy though!  He loves kids so he spent the evening in our big window (in costume, of course) watching everyone else and waving hi.  He also helped to put candy in trick-or-treater's bags and yelled "Trick or treat!" back at the kids, and then "Thank you!" after he gave them the candy.  He's so silly.  He definitely enjoyed himself though and that's what matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!