Monday, March 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of March 23rd



Woo!  We've been busy lately!

I did, in fact, attend my first birth as a doula last week!  I really enjoyed working with this family.  I learned a lot, gained experience, and probably even more importantly I gained a lot of much needed confidence in myself.  I was nervous as I headed to the birth, but once there I was encouraged by just how naturally everything came to me.  Definitely feeling great about pursuing doula work and I'm very much looking forward to working with my next family.

Speaking of which, I had a prenatal meeting with my new client on Sunday morning and an interview on Sunday afternoon.  I have another interview and another meeting later this week.  Busy, but loving every minute of it!  I hope things keep rolling.

We have been so busy that I forgot to read the book this month for my book club!  Ridiculous.  I've never not read the book let alone completely forgotten about it.  I think I took two months off when I had Molly and went right on back to meetings because it's something I really enjoy.  This month it just really snuck up on me.  Obviously I'm in complete denial that the month is nearly over.  Where did March go?!  Luckily my friends like me enough that I can still join in for coffee and hopefully they won't make fun of me too much for dropping the ball this month.  Super fail.

Jack is on spring break this week and even though temperatures aren't going to be very springy (temps in the 30s for most of the week.  I'm hoping that late in the week it might warm up enough to do something outdoors.  It's spring break for cryin' out loud!) we're going to try to fit in some fun things while we have the whole week open!

Despite Mark's dismay the cold temps mean that soup is still perfectly acceptable even though it's spring and we're typically moving into grilling mode about now.  I was happy to make a big pot of Sausage and Lentil soup for dinner last night.  The recipe makes a ton and it freezes beautifully!  I like to freeze the leftovers in individual portions and then re-heat for later meals.  Easy and delish!

Here's what we're eating:


Sunday:  Sausage and Lentil Soup with Bread

Monday:  Baked Chicken Chimichangas with (Not) Refried Beans and Mexican Rice

Tuesday:  Ruben Sandwiches with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Wednesday:  Freezer Meal

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!