Monday, March 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - Week of March 2nd



Friday was Jack's FOURTH birthday!  This kid... he's such a big guy now.  It's incredible.  Mark took the day off work so we could have a family day.  We let Jack choose what he wanted to do for his birthday.  We started off with some donuts for breakfast and then we were off to a bounce place for some play time!  It was pretty dead, but there was a little boy there that was Jack's age that Jack enjoyed playing with.  Once he left I got to be the playmate.  Climbing around/up giant inflatables when you're an adult is much more challenging than it seems!  After bouncing we went to lunch at Panera and then it was time to head home.  While Molly was napping I ran some errands and Jack got a little one-on-one time with Daddy.  Once I got home it was time to bake cupcakes and prep for Saturday's party!

We hosted Jack's birthday party Saturday morning at a play place.  He was SUPER excited for both his birthday and birthday party this year.  Family, friends, food, cupcakes, and monster trucks.  Jack had a blast!  The one good thing about having a morning party is once it's over you have plenty of time left in the day to relax and dig into new birthday toys!  Jack spent the rest of the afternoon/evening enjoying his new stuff.

Sunday we were supposed to get a snow storm, but it ended up being pretty lame.  We had a nice, lazy day.  The kids played, Mark did some work from home, I did several rounds of laundry, got some reading time in (I'm in the middle of Five Days at Memorial - gripping!), and headed to the gym (since we weren't snowed in after all) for my first ever Zumba class.  Because I go to the gym now.  Oy, I don't know why I do these things to myself.  It's not like I was looking for another thing to add to my plate, but I get these ideas that seem good in theory while knowing they're not going to be so great in practice.  You can tell I'm excited about all this, yes?

Anyway, Zumba.  I'm uncoordinated and have no idea how to make my body move like the instructor's.  Not news to me.  It's like my head thinks things are going well, but then I look in the mirror and I seem to be doing something different than everyone else.  ::facepalm::  I'm proud of myself for breaking the seal on group classes though knowing about my uncoordinatedness/lack of rhythm.  So that's something.  Boom!

I'm packing my doula bag for the first time today (I'm already behind, really must do this) because I could be getting The Call for my first birth any time now!  I was also hired by the client I met with last weekend (woot!) and I have another interview lined up for later this week.  I'm feeling good about the way things are going right now!

Here's what we're eating this week:


Sunday:  Leftovers

Monday:  Savory Sweet Potato Nachos with lots of yummy toppings

Tuesday:  Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa (Crock Pot) with Pierogies and Broccoli

Wednesday:  BBQ Chicken Meatballs with Mac & Cheese (from the freezer)

Thursday:  Leftovers

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA your comment about zumba reminded me of this pin:http://www.pinterest.com/pin/48484133458245748/ (I would attach but it won't let me) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaa! That is awesome! And somewhat true, although I both look and feel more like the picture on the right whereas everyone else more closely resembles the picture on the left :D

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Please Share Your Thoughts!