We worked on the cabinets ALL weekend! Saturday, we spent all day applying two coats of primer. It doesn't sound like much work, but trust me, it was.
Sunday, we started applying color. We are using Antique White, and we are very careful to allow the paint to dry in between coats. We ended up getting two coats on the cabinets themselves, and one coat on the doors (because you have to wait for one side to dry before you can flip it over to do the other side).
I'm so sick of working on these, but I really think it will be worth it in the end. They are already looking amazing! I can't wait until we get finished and get the doors back up so that we can see the end result of all our hard work.
In all, we spent approximately 10-12 hours working on cabinets this weekend. Not the best weekend ever, but certainly productive.
Here are the cabinets at the beginning of the day on Sunday. They are all primed and ready for paint.
And the doors:
I told Mark that next time I get some crazy idea to rush into a huge project like this, it's his job to remind me of the cabinet project.