Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day Zero.

This challenge was brought to my attention by my friend Jenni. She has a great list. Anyway, here's the sitch:

From Day Zero -

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

First I was a little circumspect about this whole thing because I don't like to fail so I would probably just go about cheating and setting goals that I know I'm going to complete anyway. Plus, I'm not really a list type of person per se. Then, I decided, I'm lame enough, I *should* set goals and try to reach them, perhaps I should make a list. I also remembered, as I stated before, I am lame. So much so that I don't even think I could come up with 101 goals.

SO... I've decided that in the interest of trying to participate in this project, I will begin a list of goals *hoping* to reach 101, but perhaps doing a modified challange such as 51 tasks in 501 days? Or, things I'd like to accomplish in the near future... Or, maybe they'll just be life goals? Anyway, we'll see how the list making goes and how I like sticking to a list instead of just living my life.

Oh! Which brings me to #1 - compiling my list of goals!

Here we go:

1. Complete compilation of my list of goals.
2. Achieve goals on my list.

My list of goals is going well so far.

3. Start a family.
4. Read 101 books. (1/101)
5. Pay off credit cards. (0/2)
6. Put $25 per week into savings, every week. (0/143)
7. Make dinner at home at least 3 times a week the majority of the time. (0/72)
8. Participate in Earth Hour, 8.30pm Saturday, March 28, 2009.
9. Plant a garden.
10. Learn 3 new ways to "live green" and incorporate them into our daily life. (0/3)
11. Do something charitable.
12. Organize the house; find a place for everything.
13. Renovate the bathroom.
14. Host a family gathering at our house.
15. Make at least one new dish a month. (0/24)
16. Knit a scarf.
17. Be a vegetarian for 30 days.
18. Try out 5 local restaurants I've never been to (0/5)
19. Take a trip to visit a new place I've never seen.
20. Go without using paper towels for 30 days.
21. Go on a picnic.
22. Get a massage (that'll be a chore! ; )
23. Finish up my last couple of college courses.
24. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
25. Make my own soap.
26. Make another cleaning product.
27. Waste less food.
28. Learn to make at least one pre-made/store bought item. (like vanilla extract!)
29. Go down a clothing size.
30. Make a new friend.
31. Clean out closet and donate clothes once a year. (0/2)
32. Organize my recipes.
33. Dance with my husband just for the heck of it.
34. Eat dinner at the kitchen table at least once a month. (0/27)
35. Learn to cook a signature dish.
36. Renovate the office.
37. Do at least 2 things I'm scared of. (0/2)
38. Call in sick to work one day with my hubby.
39. Go to a sporting event with my hubby.
40. See a Broadway show.
41. Put together a giant jigsaw puzzle with H.
42. Host a fancy schmancy date night dinner at home for H.
43. Take a last minute weekend trip.
44. Visit the beach.
45. Make sushi.
46. Take some sort of hobby class.
47. Hang a clothes line outside and use it!
48. Visit Las Vegas.
49. Watch at least 25 of AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movies List.
50. Teach someone something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!