1 box of Red Velvet Cake mix (bake as directed for a 13x9 cake)
1 can of Cream Cheese Icing (16 oz.)
Chocolate for melting (I used one bag of semi-sweet chips and one bag of white chocolate, I was a little short at the end, so I'd recommend the larger bags)
1. Bake cake mix according to package instructions. Allow to cool completely (I let mine cool overnight to be safe).
2. After cake is completely cooled, crumble it up into a large bowl.
3. Mix in the can of frosting. Warning: this can get a little messy. I used a scraper/spatula, but you could use your hands, the back of a spoon etc.
4. Here comes the really messy part - Once everything is nice and combined, form truffle-sized (quarter-ish) balls using your hands. Place them on a wax paper/parchment paper/foil covered pan.
5. Once all the little balls are made, pop them in the fridge for a few hours, or the freezer for an hour or two so that they firm up and get cold.
6. Melt the chocolate and coat the balls. Allow the chocolate to harden either on it's own, or pop the balls back in the fridge/freezer for a bit.
7. Eat. Nom nom nom.
Of course you could use any cake/icing combo that you can think of, the possibilities for cake balls are endless!
*Pic and recipe from Bakerella's Blog, which I highly recommed for all things sweet and yummy!