Thursday, June 3, 2010

::Quickly Taps out Blog Post::

I've been trying to find a minute to update the blog.  It has been so busy lately!  I feel like time is just flying by.  I mean, it's JUNE already!  How did that sneak up on us? 

I have so many updates! 

First, Jack is now grabbing for things on his own!  I put him under his playmat/gym thing the other day and I looked down to see him holding on to one of the toys.  At first I thought he probably just accidentally ended up with it in his hand, but then he let go and reached for something else!  My little guy is growing up! 



Here's a pic that I just have to share because it makes me giggle every time! 
\

That's a newborn-sized hat on his little peanut head!  He'll probably grow into it when he's about 3! 

And tonight... tonight I hardly want to even talk about.  My baby boy rolled over.  Not once, but THREE times!  I don't think it was a fluke!  Not only that, but he was laying on his tummy calmly holding himself up with his head steady for long periods of time.  I'm beyond proud of him, but where did my tiny baby go that couldn't even hold his head up on his own?  He's growing up far too quickly and I'm not ready for this!  I'll have to get some rolling footage to share : ) 

Mark and I spent quite a bit of time over the long Memorial Day weekend eating with family and friends (one of my favorite things for sure!) and getting our yard in order for the season.  We planted lots of flowers and a few veggies.  I had a garden last year but it didn't do too well, so I paired it down a lot this year in hopes that the few plants that we do have will be healthy and fruitful!  We also moved the bed to a different part of the yard in hopes of the garden getting more sun. 


The plants are already looking great!  They're grown a lot in just a week.  I have 5 tomato plants (3 different varieties) and 3 zucchini plants.  They look so healthy, I imagine that I'll definitely get some good veggies this year! 

Mark put up my clothesline



My mother's day gift (my request!).  Don't the cloth diapers look so colorful and pretty hanging on the line? 

And we planted lots of flowers!


And the mommy car... I have a new car.


It's a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.  I'm sad that my Mustang has to go, but I am excited about some things namely not having to climb into the tiniest backseat in the world in order to transport my kid around and the added bonus of NO MORE CAR PAYMENTS!  Woot!  It's actually a really nice car.  Way nicer inside than my Mustang.  It has all the bells and whistles including leather seats and a sunroof and it drives really nicely!  I think I'll be happy with this.

No pictures to go along with this, but last night we had our first tornado drill of the season.  We got to pile into the bathroom tub along with Jack as the tornado sirens wailed.  It was not fun.  Thankfully, we didn't get hit with anything too bad, but we did end up losing power from about 8PM Wednesday through 10.30AM Thursday.  Mark was in electronic withdraw. after the battery on his Droid finally died and took his access to the interwebz along with it.  I, on the other hand, quite enjoyed the quiet.  I was worried about all the meat I have in the freezer that I have been trying to buy on sale.  Thank goodness the power came back on before everything thawed out! 

I think that's all the updates I have for now.  That's pretty much an overview of what we've been doing for the last week or so!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he can already roll over! Bella is 6.5 months and still hates to. She can, but she'd rather not. :)

    I like that car. I understand that the Mustang looks nicer on the outside but this is a lot more practical, and nicer on the inside. I had a Mercedes we had to sell after Bella was born. It was a 2 door. I miss the car, but not the payments or the hassle of getting her in and out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!