Monday, June 28, 2010

What's the point?

What's the point of scented tampons?  Anyone? 

I ran to CVS the other day to pick up some tampons and somehow in my crampy, PMS-craving induced haze I accidentally picked up a box of "scented" tampons instead of the usual unscented variety.  My mind was focused on locating some Kettle Corn, people, not spending time in the feminine hygenine aisle!  This is not the first time.  Does this happen to anyone else? 

The problem is that all of the boxes, even across varying brands, are very similar in size, shape, and color.  The only thing that differentiates the various choices of tampons is a tiny little colored swooshy ribbon thing that says, "regular" or "super" or "scented".  Annoying.

So after locating the regulars apparently I just grabbed a box without examining the darn label with a mircoscope and accidentally picked up the scented variety. 

Someone please explain to me why it is necessary to have tampons that smell of cheap, flowery perfume.  There's no situation in which I want any part of my body smelling like that.  It would be way cooler if there were options like vanilla chai scented tampons, or strawberries and champagne scented tampons. 

But seriously, if you're in a situation where inserting scent into your lady bits is necessary it's probably something you should get looked at.  I think it's fairly common knowledge now that scented tampons are even worse for your body than the regular variety.  Let's campaign for companies to do away with them altogether so this sort of confusion doesn't have to happen, mmmkay? 

For the record, I'm still going to be using them because I'm too cheap to throw out a perfectly good box of (stinky, perfume smelling) tampons, which have already been opened.

3 comments:

  1. You mean people don't randomly come up to you and sniff your crotch? Shit! What's WRONG with me that people do that to me, like all the time? I was really in trouble before they came out with these scented tampons. I had to make my own. And there are some chemicals that are just not meant to come into contact with certain places.

    PS - You can blame the pain killers I'm on for my migraine for this comment. In the morning we'll just pretend it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I agree. There is NOTHING fresh scented about what goes on down there and I'm doubting dousing a tampon in perfume is going to help. The only thing they do is make my purse smell like old lady. I hate when I buy them by mistake....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bought them accidentally, too! Only once, though. You make that mistake once, you tend to not make it again...

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!