Friday, July 30, 2010

Five Question Friday

It's still Friday (barely), so I'll play!




1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?

I wouldn't really say I had one favorite, at least not one that I can think of at this time.  When I was younger I did have some favorites though.  One was my Cabbage Patch doll (remember those?!) named Alice.  She was bald, dirty, ugly as sin, and rarely wore clothes, but we had some great times together.  She's currently living in my office closet.  I also spent a lot of time playing Barbies (I had a million) and "House".  I think the Barbies are probably still in my parent's basement. 


2. Do you dream in color?

Totally.  I have super vivid dreams.  My husband hates when I have a bad dream involving him making me angry because I'll wake up and still believe that it happened for a while and he'll have to take some attitude from me.  Whoops.


3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller?

I'm 5'1".  Pretty short. 

Overall, I don't mind being short.  I kind of like it for some things.  For one, I never had to worry about wearing heels and being taller than my date for a school dance.  I could rock some serious heels and still be pretty short. 

Sometimes I really dislike it, like when I'm trying to get something down from the spice cabinet and end up not being able to reach, or having to knock the bottle that I'm going for down with a wooden spoon and other bottles subsequently fall on my head or into whatever I'm cooking.  Or when I'm pants shopping because seriously, who do they make pants for?  They're so long.  Even short length is too long sometimes.  Don't even get me started on trying to find dresses or capris that fit off the rack.  It ain't happening.


4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the guide on your GPS, who would it be?

Oh!  That one guy from the Progressive commercials.  I just like him and his voice. 

Scratch that... according to Google I'm talking about the Allstate commercials and his name is Dennis Haysbert.




5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?

99% of the time I return it to the cart corral because I think it's rude to leave in the middle of the parking lot.  It could hit another car.  Also, I'm sure it's really annoying to the people who have to go retrieve the carts to have to go all over the lot collecting them and I hate when they're partially blocking a spot that I want to park in. 

The only time I leave it in the lot is when a stupid store doesn't feel the need to have corrals - like the Petsmart near us - and then I'll push it up against something so it doesn't roll.  I'm not going clear back into the store to return the cart when I have a baby in the car.  That's just unreasonable.

1 comment:

  1. enjoyed your Friday answers. I can't believe petsmart doesn't have corrals. I will have to look next time I go.lol
    Good choice on the voice too. Kath' from www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!