Monday, March 19, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of March 18th



I spent several hours on Sunday slowly simmering spaghetti sauce and homemade meatballs just to hear the sirens announcing this year's first tornado warning as I was waiting for the pasta water to boil and the oven to heat up to bake the garlic bread.  Thankfully we didn't see any tornadoes, but we did get some good-sized hail and lost power until the wee hours of Monday morning.  Whomp, whomp.  Instead of the nice dinner I had worked on for hours I quickly put a plate of random pickings together for Jack's dinner after the sirens stopped blaring.  Once Jack was tucked in bed for the night I ate a turkey sandwich while Mark chose to eat some meatballs all by their lonesome.  And then I got to do dishes by candlelight -- how romantic!  So.  Needless to say our meal plan had to be adjusted a bit.  At least dinner was nearly ready to go for tonight!


Sunday:  Stupid tornado  ::shakes fist::

Monday:  Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Bread

Tuesday:  Mom's Night Out with friends for me!  The boys are having a night in and will probably have pizza for dinner

Wednesday:  Grilled Hawaiian Pork Chops with Pineapple-Cilantro Quinoa

Thursday:   Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches on Homemade Buns (I think I'm going to try a whole-wheat adaptation this time) with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Friday:  Quiche Lorraine with Salad

Saturday:  Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce with Roasted Broccoli 


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

1 comment:

  1. At least you got to enjoy a nice meal on Monday, with minimal effort! Glad the tornado missed you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!