Friday, September 21, 2012

Me Time

Last night, after dinner, I snuck away for an hour to have some Me Time.  I picked up a decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte (*dreamy sigh* I love PSL's and although I don't have them often, this was the first of the season so it was even that much more special!) on the way and headed to a rather luxurious pedicure.  Mark and Jack gifted me with a spa certificate for my birthday (you know, back at the beginning of July!) and it was time to take advantage of a little pre-paid pampering!


I spent an hour in a massage chair, drinking my over-priced treat, chatting about trash TV and the latest celeb gossip, and having my feet massaged and prettified.  It was glorious.  It's been far, far too long since I've had a professional pedicure done.  Like, so long I can't remember... maybe it was when I was early on in my pregnancy with Jack. 

I need to do a better job of making time for me.  Mark is always willing to take over childcare duties so that I can have some Me Time without complaint, so the biggest Me Time hurdle is actually me.  I have lots of excuses why I don't make time for me.  Some valid, like the fact that in order to have Me Time it has to be during windows of time when Mark is actually home to take over childcare, some less so, like after a long day I just want to collapse on the couch and zone out in front of the TV with Mark rather than having to actually DO something or take away from Us Time.  But I also know that it's only going to get harder to find Me Time with two little ones to care for and it's important to get time to myself to do things I like to do.  Everyone deserves that!

This morning when Jack was eating his breakfast he noticed that the polish had changed on my toes.  He questioned while pointing to my toes, "What's that, Mama?".  I told him that I had gotten a pedicure last night while he spent time with DaDa and asked if he thought they were pretty.  He said yes.  He's getting so observant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!