Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 23 Weeks



And the first bump picture.  Complete with photobombing courtesy of both the kidlet and the dog.

I'm still exhausted, but hanging in there.  Not like I have much choice!

The belly is growing and I'm feeling lots of kicks and movement in there so Baby Dos must be growing as well.  Last week, Mark even felt the first outside kicks!

The last few days I've had consistent pelvic pain and off-and-on sciatic nerve pain.  I'm happy to report that so far it's very mild.  But, to be honest, it's making me extremely nervous as I had a bad experience with both, especially the pelvic pain, during my last pregnancy.  Last time, it became very painful at 32 weeks and only got progressively worse from there to the point where it was hard to move towards the end of my pregnancy because I was in so much pain.  It also made labor extremely painful.  In fact, I don't remember feeling pain anywhere else other than my pelvis while I was in labor.

I'm very, very much hoping that my experience is going to be different this go around.  I know that pelvic discomfort and sciatic nerve pain is totally common with pregnancy and can come and go so I'm trying my best to ignore the mild pain and hope that it goes away!  In the meantime, I've been trying to do pelvic rocks daily because in addition to all the other benefits it's also supposed to help with sciatica and pelvic pain.

Next up: birthing classes!  We're taking a Hypnobabies course that starts next week.  I'm really hoping we enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!