Monday, April 15, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of April 14th


Ugh, tax day.  I hope everyone already has their taxes filed or at least has a few painless tasks to finish up to be done for the year.  I really dislike doing taxes, it's just not a fun process and they seem to make it as complicated as possible.  I still have to file our taxes for Ohio because back when I filed our federal and local taxes apparently the state didn't have their online filing system yet updated to reflect new tax code.  That's helpful.  No idea if the changes even affect us, but I didn't want to take a chance and instead put it off.  And then put it off again.  And again.  So, nothing like waiting til the last minute.  At least filing for State is a relatively easy process.

We had a pretty busy weekend around here.  On Saturday, Jack and Mark did a grocery store run, and then Mark's brother came down with kid's in toe to drop off some hand-me-down clothes that Molly will eventually grow into (yay for hand-me-downs!).  Jack enjoyed running around with his cousins for a bit.  Saturday evening we met some friends and their little one, who were in town from Cincy, for dinner and then headed back to our house to a bit for some fun playtime.  Jack loved getting to see so many kids in one day!  Of course, the impromptu visits happened to fall on a day that for whatever reason my house was messier than usual.  That seems to happen on the weekends... I blame Mark!  Or my weekend laziness.  We don't typically have so much company though.  Ah well, it happens!   

Then, Sunday was spent moving an apparently very heavy swing set into our backyard.  This task was accomplished with the help of my dad, my sister's fiance, Mark, and one of Mark's friends.  I don't know who is more excited about this play set, me or Jack.  I think he's pretty excited, but I am SO happy that we'll have something more entertaining for him to play with in the backyard now.  Yay for outside time!  Poor kid, last week we were playing in the backyard and all he had to entertain him was his sandbox (which does hold his attention for quite a while), his old, now too small toddler climber that he was trying to play on, and a bubble mower sans bubbles.  He had fun for a bit, but then he ended up bored and instead wanted to go in and out of the house because he can work the sliding door on his own this year.  Not a fun game (for me).  He's going to have lots of fun with this swing set!  I do have to say though that before it was all set up, Jack was way more excited about the fact that it was transported with the help of his great grandpa's flat bed truck and trailer.  This boy is so vehicle obsessed! 



Plus, I'm super psyched we got the set for such a great deal.  $150 on Craigslist.  Steal! 

With everything going on the weekend seemed to fly by!  Hopefully this week won't seem to drag on for too long :)



Sunday:  BBQ Chicken Panini with Chips and Carrot sticks

Monday: Chipotle-inspired Chicken Burritos

Tuesday:  Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa & Sauerkraut (Crock Pot ) with Pierogi

Wednesday:  Spicy Pineapple Chicken with Brown Rice

Thursday:  Freezer Meal

Friday:  Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potatoes with Salad

Saturday:  Leftovers/Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!