Monday, April 1, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of March 31st



Last week, Monday brought a flooded kitchen cabinet.  Luckily, it ended up just being a minor clog + a pipe coming loose.  I guess on the bright side, the cabinet under my kitchen sink got not one, but two unexpected cleanings as the flooding happened twice.  Not so smart to clean up the mess and then check to see if the leak is still there.  Hopefully this week will start out on a much better note!


Sunday:  Happy Easter!  We'll be celebrating with family

Monday:  Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla Pie with Chips and Salsa - carried over from last week due to an unexpected take out night from said cabinet flooding episode

Tuesday:  Teriyaki Meatballs with Brown Rice and Broccoli  

Wednesday:  Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes with Ranch Potato Wedges

Thursday:  Chipotle-inspired Chicken Burritos 

Friday:  Thai Chicken Pizza

Saturday:  Leftovers/Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you manage shopping for your meal plans? everything is so random (although delicious looking!) and i'm wondering how you organize your shopping trips and use up the ingredients if you don't require them all for the one recipe??
    TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda!

      Everything is pretty random as I usually just kind of add things as they sound good keeping in mind a decent balance throughout the week. We typically grocery shop once a week and as far as using up ingredients I don't usually have too much problem doing this. For example, with this week, I bought a rotisserie chicken and used shredded chicken from that for both the quesadilla pie and the pizza and I ended up with a little leftover so I tossed it in the freezer to be used in the future. Basically, the way I handle leftover ingredients is one of two ways: put it in the freezer for future use, or plan to use it in a meal next week early on in the week (like in the case of vegetables). We don't end up tossing much food around here. It's a waste of money and I just hate it on principle!

      Delete

Please Share Your Thoughts!