Monday, July 22, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of July 21st



Another busy weekend in the books.

Friday, after Mark got off work I had some running around to do, which is SO much easier sans babies.  I had to exchange one of Jack's new sheet sets because literally the second time I washed them one of the hems fell out completely.  So annoying.  Luckily Target exchanged them without issue, hopefully this new set won't give us problems.  After accomplishing what I was there for I, of course, fell into the black hole that is Target and ended up leaving with an armload of purchases (good ones though!).  Then, I headed to Walmart, which always feels like a punishment, but I just couldn't pass up $10 window curtain panels for the kitchen.  Then, to Kohl's to use a gift card where I spent more on things for other people than I did myself.  It happens.

Saturday, was rainy and we were stuck inside so we buckled down and checked a few things off The List.  Mark put together our new TV stand, which provides additional storage in the family room.  Thus begins phase 2 of rearranging things to make a room for Molly.  Little Miss is coming up on 6 months this week and is going to be moving to her new room accommodations shortly.  While he and Jack worked on that I dug into the office/play room and cleaned out the closet to streamline and make space by purging things that need a new home.  I then moved onto my closet, which was in desperate need of cleaning out.  As a result we now have a roomful of items that are going to be sold via garage sale very soon.  I now have at least 50% more space in my closet though!

Oy. Vey.  It's now a disaster area in Molly's room-to-be, but I guess it has to get worse before it gets better.

Also, through The Great Purge of 2013 I learned that I'm very, very, very bad about cleaning out one purse before moving on to the next.  As a result I literally had 10 years worth of purses to clean out (not every one had a bunch of junk in it though, luckily).  I discovered more pens and lip glosses than I can count, mounds of receipts and movie and event tickets, postal stamps from 2006 that I question whether can even be used anymore (they don't have a monetary value pictured and they're definitely not Forever stamps), and nearly $200 in unused gift cards.  That last bit is just shameful.  On the other hand, I've already earned $200 through this garage sale venture.  BOOM!

Sunday, more working on the door.  Allllllmost done.  The stain ended up not matching so we need to get a different shade so the last few pieces of trim can go up.


On the menu this week:


Sunday:  Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Burgers with Guacamole with Zesty Oven Fries

Monday:  Grilled Steak with Zucchini Gratin

Tuesday:  Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Wednesday:  Leftovers/Freezer Meal

Thursday:  Mexican Quinoa

Friday:  Apps Night

Saturday:  Out


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!