Monday, November 18, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - Week of November 17th



We had a pretty low-key weekend.  Saturday, Jack and I went to see Planes at the movie theater.  We went with friends and it was Jack's very first movie theater experience.  He did great and loved it!  He also loved the popcorn (and ate plenty of it!) and enjoyed the movie.  He wasn't quite heavy enough to hold the folding seat down unless he sat towards the front so he spent part of the movie sitting on his seat and part of the movie sitting on my lap!

We got a new couch on Saturday.  It's growing on me.  I don't like the look of it as much as our old couch, but it's comfy, and hey!  It's not falling apart!  I guess when I say I don't like the look of it as much as our old couch I'm really talking about our old couch before I started falling apart.  Yeah... :/

This is what our old couch currently looks like:

So sad.  And anger inducing.

Well, certainly it must be time to replace it because it's falling apart, you may say.  Yes, it's falling apart, but it's only 5 years old.  We bought our furniture brand new from a furniture store 5 years ago and now it looks like that.  Makes me so. angry.  It was great until it hit about 4 years old and then it started falling apart.  It hit a point a few months ago where it started to get worse fast and obviously it looks terrible now.  Add to that Molly tries to pick off pieces and eat it.  Little stinker.

I was tired of looking at it, tired of picking pieces of the darn furniture out of Molly's mouth, so it was time to replace it.  I would have preferred to replace it with something similar, but I was too afraid that it would fall apart in just a few years.  Plus, I'd like to hold off on investing in expensive furniture right now.  We're hoping to move next year and we might end up wanting something different than we would purchase right now.  So we decided to go with a basic fabric couch for now.  I need to get some throw pillows for it, but overall I'm happy with it at the moment.

Thanks to Jack and Puppy for so graciously modeling for us.

Our old couch went straight out to the curb and I am SO looking forward to it being picked up on trash day tomorrow.  It has only added insult to injury watching my 5-year-old falling apart couch sit on the curb all weekend being rained on.  Ugh!  Just want it to be gone already so I can try to forget about it.

We still need to pick out a chair to replace the one we have (which matches the couch, it's also falling apart.  Grr...).  That's next on the list.

Sunday was grocery shopping, football watching, playing, book reading, trying to avoid the nasty weather, and Mark cleaned up his part of the room, which was getting way messy for my taste!  He's currently on my good side.


Here's what we're eating this week:


Sunday:  Chicken Parmesan Panini (made with leftovers) with Baked Zucchini Chips

Monday:  Mom's Night Out!  Making pizza for the boys before I leave

Tuesday:  Baked Spaghetti Squash and Cheese with Broccoli

Wednesday:  Lentil Tacos

Thursday:  Leftovers/Freezer Meal

Friday:  Out

Saturday:  Apps


I'm linked at Menu Plan Monday hosted by OrgJunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!