Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

I am overwhelmingly thankful for the life that I lead.  I know that I am lucky and privileged.  I am thankful for my happy and healthy family and the opportunity that I am presented with to have my full time job be caring for them.  I am thankful for a steady income that provides for all of our needs and then some.  For our home, for our cars, and for all of the food that fills our little kitchen.

Here are a few randoms for which I am thankful that put the icing on my cake:

A car with a remote starter and heated seats.  Because it is COLD!  On that note, I'm also thankful for my heated blanket and my husband's sweatshirts.  These things help me survive until spring.

Yoga pants.  Because real waists and zippers are just unnecessary when you're home with littles all day.

Regular work hours.  Mark does some working from home but his at-work hours are pretty predictable.  He's had a few late(r) days this week getting things ready for the post-Thanksgiving shopping rush.  It's reminded me to be thankful for regular hours that allow him to be home in time for dinner almost every night.

Modern appliances.  Because my life would be decidedly more difficult without my oven, microwave, dishwasher, and washer and dryer.  Every time I grumble about unloading the dishwasher I try to remind myself just how much more I would dislike handwashing dishes.  I also would not be such a proponent of cloth diapering if I had to wash them by hand.



My Keurig, which is a modern appliance, but deserves its own mention.  Because when I'm trying to get two kids up, fed, and settled, the ease of popping a little cup into the machine and having perfectly brewed coffee seconds later is a life saver.  I'm not a morning person.  One of the best gifts I've received; my hubby knows me better than I know myself.

Amazon Prime.  We recently broke down and signed up for Amazon Prime and I am loving the convenience of free 2-day shipping.  It has come in especially handy for holiday shopping.  Online shopping in general should probably make my list.  It's my favorite way to shop.




Good books.  Like this one, this, and this too.  (I could go on, but those are a few recent favs.)  And also for a more regularly and longer napping baby, preschool days, and plenty of football watching which allow me to sneak in a little extra reading time!



Friends Thanksgiving episodes.  Because they're my favorite.

Soup season!  Because it's my favorite too.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!