Thursday, August 26, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip


This is a mighty important recipe to have in your arsenal.  I've never met a person who didn't like it and it's so quick and easy!  It's my husband's favorite dip and a must have for football season. 

Ingredients:

2 - 10oz cans chicken breast (I think the one I buy is 10oz, they come in 2 sizes and you want to get the larger one), drained

3/4 - 1 1/4 c. Hot Sauce (like Frank's Red Hot, not Tabasco!), you can adjust according to your taste preferences

2 - 8oz blocks cream cheese, leave them on the counter to soften up

1/2 c. Ranch Dressing

1 c. Shredded Cheese (I suggest Cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack)


Directions:

In a sauce pan over Medium heat combine drained chicken and hot sauce.  Allow these to heat and stir to break up the chunks of chicken.

Add both blocks of cream cheese and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.

Add the ranch dressing and cheese and stir until combined and the cheese is melted. 

That's it! 

I usually serve it in my Dipmaster (small CrockPot) - except klutzy me happened to drop it and break it Sunday afternoon... it works fine served in a bowl too - with tortilla chips, but other dippers could be crackers, bread, carrots, or celery sticks!

4 comments:

  1. We always use buffalo sauce... haven't tried just plain hot sauce. omg... the BEST recipe ever! Also, if you like blue cheese, we've used that instead of ranch- and we put about half the bottle of dressing in there. :) soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people seem to have their own variation of the buffalo chicken dip and I must say, I have yet to try one that wasn't delicious! The blue cheese in place of the ranch sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm this looks SO goooood :)
    also - you've been tagged in my most recent post! :)
    www.poagfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!