Fluffy Buns Diapers is another great Etsy shop. Fluffy Buns specializes in mama-made upcycled cloth diapers.
What is upcycling? According to Wikipedia, "Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.". This means that all of her products are made out of materials such as unwanted clothing, blankets, and other cloth items that may otherwise be thrown away. By utilizing them to make her fitted diapers they are turned into a useful, cute item with a whole new life! I think this is very cool! Fluffy Buns Diapers also sells other items such as woolies, cloth wipes, and will even take custom orders.
Fluffy Buns Diapers provided me with the opportunity to try out one of her upcycled fitted diapers.
Alicia was very helpful during the ordering process, asking for Jack's measurements first to make sure that the diaper we received would fit him perfectly. The diaper I received is not a one-size fits all, but it does have snaps with multiple settings at the waist, so I'm sure that it will last for quite a while. Fluffy Buns Diapers does stock one-size diapers as well as sized.
My first reaction when I got it was that it was of great quality. The fabric was nice and soft and seemed like it would be absorbant. The soaker is wide and several layers thick. To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with fitteds. The only other type of fitted that we own is the popular Goodmama.
When I put the diaper on Jack I was pleased to find that it wasn't quite as bulky as a Goodmama, likely because it's sized vs. one-size fits all. We were able to get a nice snug fit even around his skinny bird legs. I experimented with the diaper without a diaper cover and then with a diaper cover. Jack was able to wear the diaper for a good 2 hour stretch without me feeling any wetness on the outside. He wore it for an extended period of several hours through an afternoon nap with a cover without experiencing any leaks.
Overall, I think this is a great diaper to add to your stash. It's a great fitted, but even better is the coolness factor because it's made from recycled materials!
Fluffy Buns Diapers has provided one reader with the opportunity to win a fitted diaper of their own to try!
This is another cute, upcycled fitted diaper!
To buy your own: Visit Fluffy Buns Diapers Etsy shop.
To win it: There are several chances to win. Please leave a SEPARATE comment for EVERY entry you complete!
- Follow me publicly with Google Friend Connect (button located on sidebar to the right).
- Visit Fluffy Buns Diapers and tell us your favorite item.
- Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs. This can be done once per day. Remember to leave a separate comment for every entry. (Button located on sidebar to the right)
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following: "Win an #eco-friendly #clothdiaper #giveaway from @Stefibeth. Sponsored by Fluffy Buns Diapers! http://tinyurl.com/263v7g9 ". This can be done once per day. Remember to leave a separate comment for every entry.
- Grab my button and put it on your blog or website. Leave me the link to where it is located in your comment.
Giveaway will close Thursday, August 12th at 12pm EST and a winner will be chosen via Random.org. Thanks for participating!