Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Week of August 15th





Here's what's cooking this week:


Sunday: Parent's house for dinner, I contributed a fresh peach cobbler!

Monday: Grilled Eggplant Panini (with basil and eggplant from the farmer's market and tomato from the garden!) with Potato Cakes (using leftover potatoes from last week)

Tuesday: Burgers (made with local beef from the farmer's market) on Whole-Wheat Buns with Sweet Potato Fries

Wednesday: Hot Dogs (local from the farmer's market!) on the grill on Whole-Wheat Buns with local Sweet Corn

Thursday: Homemade Pizza

Friday: Lentil Tacos with fixin's

Saturday:  Pasta Carbonara


I'm linked over at OrgJunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. I really need to start doing something like this. I never think further ahead than the next meal and usually that causes issues. Do you think I ought to start with just planning a few days at a time, or go whole hog and try to plan whole weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal planning is super important to our household and has been for a quite a while. I usually only have time to get to the store once a week so if we don't plan ahead we'd end up eating take out all the time!

    I would say try a week of planning and see how it goes, but if that seems like too much then shop Sunday and plan out the next 3 nights worth of meals and then shop Wednesday for the rest of the week, or something along those lines.

    I find food blogs, allrecipes.com, recipezaar.com (called something else now I think...), foodnetwork.com, and eatingwell.com (recently discovered) to be super helpful in coming up with recipes/menus in addition to the usual cookbooks of course.

    Anyway, weekly planning REALLY simplifies things! GL!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!