Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Recap.

I stayed home from work on Friday - thank goodness! - to use up some of my very sad vacation time. I decided that I would rather just take the time off than get paid the very sad, small amount that I would get in a lump sum after taxes. We stayed around the house on Friday night, had a relaxing evening.

Saturday we were up and running errands. First to get some breadfast, then down to Grove City to pick up Mark's truck, over to his Mom's house to quickly drop off the truck that he had been using while his was getting "fixed" (really just looked at because nothing was fixed), then over near Canal to pick up my radiator - buh bye $215, I didn't like you anyhow - THEN back to our house to meet my Dad and brother who were there pulling off my old radiator. My Dad fixed me up and got me running. My little brother terrorized the cat and voluntarily cut our back grass. My Dad also took a look at Mark's truck and found out what the actual problem was and it was a simple fix - thank goodness! And then they went home and it was quiet at our house again.

After that, we went out to dinner (YUM!) and then rented a dollar movie - What Happens in Vegas - I think that's what it's called at least - it was a'ight. Kind of predictable, but cute, for $1 anyway.

Sunday we spent doing things around the house. Laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, etc. Mark finished putting the last cabinets up (above the refridgerator) and touching up any little places that needed it. They look really great! We are supposed to be getting an electrician out ASAP to deal with the wiring, and then we can finish up the walls - our last major project for the kitchen. I got a ton of reading done both Saturday and Sunday. I'm completely engrossed in The Other Boleyn Girl right now. Surprising, but good.

Sunday evening, we didn't know what to make for dinner. I ended up throwing in a Supper Bake that I had found in the cabinet. Somehow, I ended up burning it. I think this was due to the fact that I didn't have any foil. Meanwhile, as the doomed Supper Bake was cooking, I was throwing together some Oatmeal muffins for breakfast this week. Somehow, I got them all together and in the pan and then realized that I had forgotten to add the melted butter. Hmm... the muffins turned out interesting anyway. They're edible, but not great. At that point, I burned my finger on the singed Supper Bake and decided that I was done cooking for the evening and just put the cup of melted butter back into the fridge to re-harden. Not sure what I'm going to do with that, but I guess it had better be something where I need melted butter...

Now it's Monday. Maybe my last Monday here. I think I'm going to take next Monday off as well as this Friday for a nice 4-day weekend treat for me! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!