Monday, February 15, 2010

Permanently Preggers [38 weeks, 6 days]

I think I might just end up as the first woman ever to be permanently pregnant. At this point, I'm thinking it's a distinct possibility that this kid will be graduating college from my ute.

Yes, yes, I know I haven't even technically reached my due date yet, but this kid has been sitting low since THIRTY-ONE WEEKS! I have been dealing with terrible pelvic pain that has just gotten worse for the last 8 weeks. Last week, the news was that the baby's head was sitting right on my cervix and that I was progressing nicely. How have I made it another week without going into labor?! I feel like he's done cooking already!

I was supposed to have a doctors appointment today for the usual as well as a cervix check, but due to the inclement weather I rescheduled it for tomorrow afternoon. I'm desperately hoping that the doctor has good news for me. Good news being that I'm in labor.

Anyway, I don't know what the deal is, but apparently I have reached an emotional state in which no amount of rationale will comfort me. I honestly feel like this baby is never going to come out and I'm going to be pregnant forever. Intellectually, I know that the baby will come when he is ready, my body will know what to do, and I will be fully aware of labor when it finally happens. However, my crazy, 39-week pregnant, uncomfortable self just can't actually accept this rational knowledge and I have reached a new level of anxiety ridden impatience!

I want the baby to come out now zammit!

I need cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!