Monday, June 23, 2008

And The Color Is...

PINK!

I am a proud owner of a glorious KitchenAid mixer in the most adorable shade of pink. I lub it!

On Saturday morning, we returned the mixer that my parent's purchased for us, then went to Bed Bath and Beyond (I could live in that store) to decide on what color of mixer I actually wanted.

Mark and I stood in the small appliances section ruminating for a while as to what we should get. Well, truth be told, I stood there obsessing about what the "right" color was. Mark spent his time searching through all of the mixers to see if they even had a pink one available and continued to tell me that I should get the pink one because that's the one that I like better.

I continued to obsess and explained to my darling H that although I do love the pink one, I know that a black one is more sensible. Eventually, he said, not so lovingly I might add, "Just get the pink one, you know that's the one you want! *sigh*". At that point, it was settled. We went in search of a store employee to seek out what turned out to be the only pink KA mixer in the store except for the floor model. We then spent another hour or so perusing the lovely items in the store, and then brought my new toy to it's new home - my kitchen : )

After we set it up, I proceeded to make the most delicious cookies I've ever made. It was totally the power of the KA mixer, which helped me to craft the yummiest cookies evah! They are Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Chip Cookies and they are to die for.

For your personal enjoyment...



Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Chip Cookies

1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Butter (2 sticks, room temp, unsalted)

Cream together.

1 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs (room temperature)
1/2 t. Baking Soda
2 1/2 Cups Flour

Add Vanilla, Eggs, and Baking soda. Combine. Then, slowly add in flour as mixer is going.

10 oz. Chocolate peanut butter swirl chips (you can add any kind of chips you want of course).

Stir in chips, just enough to incorporate.

Spoon out rounded teaspoons of dough onto greased cookies sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack. Enjoy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!