Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dim-witted Moment of the Day.

Awarded at 9.45AM.

Me: Good Morning, (agency name). What time is your hearing?
Stupid: (shuffle, shuffle, shuffle. TV blaring in the background. Kids crying)

Me: What time is your hearing?
Stupid: Hello?!

Me: Sir, do you have a hearing today?
Stupid: My name is (state's his name).

Me: Are you calling in for a hearing?
Stupid: Uh... yeah... I think so.

Me: What time is it scheduled for?
Stupid: Uhhhh... (shuffle, shuffle)...

Me: Is it scheduled for today?
Stupid: Uh, yeah, I think so.

(calls start backing up in the queue because a 30 second conversation has already stretched into a minute)

Me: Do you know the time of the hearing?
Stupid: It's sometime this morning, I think.

Me: (Gritting teeth, trying not to yell at this person)
Do you have the paper with you?
Stupid: Oh... yeah... it says here it's scheduled for 9.45AM.

The he gives me his number without area code like we're psychic and don't serve the entire state.

Argh! Like. Pulling. Teeth!

I can't believe how many mintues of my life are wasted dealing with people who are so dense. I have come to the conclusion that rather than people wanting to be prepared and help themselves, they would much rather appear ignorant and pretend that they don't understand hoping that you will be there to hold their hand. This stuff is not that hard to understand AT ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!