Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dim-witted Moment of the Day.

Just shy of 9AM. Too early for this sort of thing.

Me: Are you the claimant, or the employer?
Stupid: Uhm... uh... uh... Employer!
::thinking in my head, of course she's the claimant::
Oh, wait, NO! Claimant! Claimant! Claimant!
I used to work there!
*giggles*

Me: ::internal sigh::

I then proceed to get her info.

Me: Do you have any witnesses?
Stupid: Yeah.

Me: If I could have their name please.
Stupid: Oh... okaaaay... *shuffle*shuffle*
Uhm... let's see here...
Okay, (gives 1st witness's name - it's a difficult one).

Me: Can you spell the last name please?
Stupid: No. (silence)

Me: Okay... how about (offers suggestion because it's really hard to decipher what a name even really sounds like over the phone if it's a difficult one).
Stupid: Okay, sounds good to me.

Me: Any others?
Stupid: Yes. *shuffle*shuffle* (Gives really difficult African sounding name)

Me: Okay, I'm going to need you to spell that one for me.
Stupid: Uhm... oooh... I really don't know... let me see here... (starts sounding it out). Uh, I guess I would just spell it, like, you know, knock on the door?

The name that she provided sounds like "E-knock".

Me: Uh, okay. You want me to put it down as E-k-n-o-c-k?
Stupid: I guess, that sounds about right.

Me: Okay then.

I don't think that that's most likely how he spells his name, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!