Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~ Paul Sweeney

I have very few hobbies that I make time for and enjoy doing in my down time. I like to cook and bake, and most importantly, I enjoy reading.

I have read just about everyday for as long as I can remember. I usually average about 1 book a week. If it's been a good week, I may finish reading 2 or 3, that gets expensive, and you run out of room quickly if you are purchasing the books, so I take advantage of one of the only free things in our society - the library. I'm very grateful that we have such a nice, well established library system where I live. I know that not all places are like that.

I read just about everything, Best Sellers, Chick Lit, Classics, Science Fiction (I've just recently ventured into this genre), basically anything that's recommended to me, or anything that I'm interested in trying because it strikes my fancy. I have favorite authors that I've read everything they've ever written - Danielle Steel and Toni Morrison, to name a couple, but often I just jump from novel to novel. I always have a book that I'm working on, it's what I do in my down time, most nights I try to read before bed, at least for a little bit, and I know that my husband enjoys my reading time because that means that he gets control of the remote and then some sporting event, or other, takes over the TV for the time being.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me.

I just finished reading James Patterson's, Sam's Letters to Jennifer yesterday. It was an easy read and a heartwarming story. Unlike other Patterson novels, this is a love story. It's a novel about a woman who returns to her Grandmother's home because her Grandmother Sam is in the hospital ill. During the weeks that she is there, she spends time reading through a stack of letters addressed to her, written by her Grandmother about an untold part of her Grandmother's life, the story of her greatest love. The story is about the importance of embracing love. It was a good read, nothing super-special, but it's nice just to read an easy story with a happy ending sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    I know this is very randome but I came across your blog on theknot.com If you are going to be selling any of your wedding things can you please let me know? Especially your brooch or earrings. My colors are also black and dark pink. My email is amym7842@yahoo.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!