Friday, July 18, 2008

Dim-witted Moment of the Day.

*sigh*

The rudeness always surprises me somehow.

Stupid: I lost the number that I need to call later this afternoon.
Me: mmmmkay... you mean for your hearing?

Stupid: Yeeeah.
Me: Okay, where are you located?

Stupid: It's for a telephone hearing.
Me: I understand that. Where are you located?

Stupid: Oh. Cincinnati.
Me: (starts reading number to her)

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

Stupid: Okay, go 'head.
Me: Excuse me, ma'am, are you pressing buttons in my ear?

Stupid: Well... yeeeeah, I'm putting the number in my phone.
Me: You're going to need to get a pen a write this number down. You can't press buttons in my ear.

Stupid: (pause.) Oh. Okay.

Honestly. As if she had no idea that it's rude to press buttons on the phone in someone's ear. It's amazing to me that people not only act like this, but they don't even realize that it's inappropriate.

I vaccillated between wanting to cuss this woman out, and feeling sorry for her ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!