I made a recipe out of it on Saturday for Oatmeal Muffins. I usually have a bran muffin for breakfast during the week, but this week, I will have a delicious oatmeal muffin with blueberries instead. Yum!
Here is the relatively simple recipe:
2 Cups Rolled Oats (not quick-cooking oats!)
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 T. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
1/4 t. Cinnamon
2 Large Eggs, Slightly beaten
1/2 Cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 t. Vanilla
*I also stired in about 3/4 - 1 cup of fresh blueberries because I had some on hand that I needed to use. It was a nice addition.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. (I used Canola Oil spray)
- Mix oats and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Sit to the side for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients and the oatmeal mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix!
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full, and bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- Let cool and enjoy!