Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mid-year Resolutions.

I didn't really get to make any resolutions in January, because my only goal for that time was to get through the next few months and have a successful wedding. Mission accomplished. Now that all of the wedding related things are wrapping up, and the thank yous have been sent, and we've made it through the mad rush of birthdays in our family during the end of June/beginning of July, I'd like to lay out a couple of mid-year resolutions to accomplish during the next 6 months.

1. Get control of our finances.

Not that they are currently out of control, actually, they are pretty stagnant, which can be a good thing when compared with the sliding downhill option, but I would like to get them to the point that our money is working for us. We are taking this oppurtunity, while everything is getting messed with to change my name, to sort out all of our banking needs, combine, separate, and delgate as needed. My pet project is to make us Millionaires over the next 6 months. Okay, maybe not Millionaires, but I would like to start out 2009 being able to look back and this year, and identify right where we started to really take firm control of our financial situation.

2. Organize the house.

Ugh. This is really something that I need to work on. We moved into our house two years ago next month. We still have unpacked boxes stored in closets. Long story short, if we haven't needed these packed items in the last 2 years, we don't need them taking up space in the 2 spare rooms that we have.

Currently, our spare rooms look like a disaster area. The closets are both packed full of crap we don't need, the office floor is completely covered with shower and wedding gifts that I have no place for because I need to organize our storage space, and the other spare room is packed to the hilt with all of our wedding crap that I need to dispose of ASAP! I'm planning to sell everything, but again, there's where organization rears it's pretty little head, first I need to go through it and figure out what the heck I even have.

We have plenty of room in our house, more than enough storage space for the two of us. We just need to properly utilize it. If we do, we will be much happier on the storage front.

So, these are my goals for the next 6 months, I hope to accomplish these things which will obviously benefit us as a household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts!